Compared to January of this year, when the UKGC recorded an unusual record of 31 complaints over 35 pages due to an aggressive gambling provider based on Curacao, the development was encouraging.
The complaints filed are based in particular on the following offences:
- Britons were given access to websites without a UK licence.
- Casinos made it difficult or denied payouts.
- Providers advertised excessive or unauthorized advertising.
- Providers pretended to have a UKGC licence.
- Customers were given access even though they had excluded themselves.
- Minors were able to access the game offers.
A very positive interim balance sheet
Our data show that there has been no increase in illegal gambling in the UK during the Corona crisis. We monitor this area with great care and where we find problems, we access our wide range of investigative powers.