WHAT STEPS DO PROVIDERS MAKE BEFORE GAME CERTIFICATION?
To receive a certificate confirming the high quality and safety of games, you must go through several stages of preparation. Certification conditions depend on testing organizations, but often, these companies have similar requirements.
- Collection of documentsBefore applying for certification, applicants consult with a lawyer and find out all aspects of the procedure they are interested in. Lawyers help to collect a full package of necessary papers and increase the chances of getting a certificate from a testing organization. The list of main documents includes passport copies, data about company registration, payments to players, software purchase.
- ApplicationAny physical party can apply for certification – an owner or a co owner of a gambling business (online and offline). It does not matter how long the applicant runs his business since both new and long-lasting companies can apply for certification.
- Consideration of the applicationRequirements for games depend on the rules of jurisdiction of the country where the casino is registered. Experts consider a package of documents, evaluate the correctness of its compilation from a legal point of view and check the gambling resource for honesty carefully: starting from the work of the RNG (random number generator) to the time it takes to pay winnings to gamblers.
- Report on resultsIf the package of documents is full, all papers are filled in correctly, and the software meets the security and integrity parameters, it can account for a positive decision from the testing organization. The applicant receives an official certificate confirming the quality of gambling. The electronic document is published on the gambling site along with a detailed report on the verification of the games, the RNG certificate, and information about payments to gamers.
WHICH COMPANIES ISSUE CASINO GAMES CERTIFICATES
- eCOGRA (eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance)
An independent UK based company that has been testing and controlling gambling since 2003. It is considered to be prestigious and authoritative in the world of gambling, therefore it is definitely trusted by players. eCOGRA certification will be useful to operators who offer sweepstakes, slots, poker, and other entertainment.
- iTech Labs
The organization has certified casino games for 10 years already, offered consulting services for the largest gambling companies.
iTech Labs not only tests RNGs and calculates returns from players but also assesses poker, work of slot machines and sports betting systems.
- GLI (Gaming Laboratories International)
The testing organization, which appeared 25 years ago, still remains one of the best in its segment. It provides testing and certification services for casino games. GLI is respected by regulators from 500 jurisdictions (local and international ones) working with land and virtual casinos, as well as with lottery providers around the world. In 2010, TST (Technical Systems Testing) became a part of GLI. The organization has been operating since 1993 and has offices in London, Vancouver, Macau, Manila.
- NMi (National Measurement Institute)
The organization was founded in the 1970s but has been working in online gambling since 2007. NMi has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, and the Netherlands. Regulators respect NMi for its ability to help operators promote their gambling projects through game certification. The company is currently engaged in testing land and virtual casinos around the world.
- BMM Testlabs
The organization has been operating since 1981 and is considered one of the first independent testing laboratories in the gambling industry. Today, the company has branches in 13 different countries, and its testing services are respected by 400 jurisdictions. BMM also offers consultations to operators to help them comply with all operating rules in the iGaming industry.
The cost of testing and certification depends on the complexity and number of games. If the provider wants to receive a certificate for a new version of the game that was certified earlier, a fee is charged only for testing updates. To find out the exact price, you must send a request to the selected organization. After that, the testing company sends a questionnaire with a list of questions to collect basic information about the games, as well as information about the time and cost of certification.
WHICH PROVIDERS OFFER CERTIFIED GAMES
|Provider||Types of games||Certificates|
|Tom Horn Gaming||Slots, table games, video poker, lottery||iTechLabs и NMi|
|Habanero||Slots, table games, video poker||iTechLab и BMM Testlabs|
|Quickspin||Slots||Technical Systems Testing и eCOGRA|
|Golden Race||Virtual sports, table games, live lottery||SIQ (Slovenian Institute of Quality and Metrology)|
|Zeus Play||Video slots, lotteries||iTechLabs и GLI|
|Vivo Gaming||Live games||GLI|
|Platipus||Slots, table games||iTechLabs|
|VSoftCo||Virtual sports||AAMS (Accredited Asset Management Specialist)|
|Kiron Interactive||Virtual sports||GLI, GamCare, The Responsible Gambling Trust|
|XPG||Live games||iTech Labs|
|Betgames.tv||Live games||SIQ, NMi|
|DLV||Slots||NMI, GLI, BMM и TestLabs|
|CQ9 Gaming||Slots, fish games||GLI|
|Playson||Slots, table casino games, video poker, roulette, social||Quinel M. Ltd|